Referrals for children and young people
Mentoring Plus accepts referrals for children and young people from schools, police and other partner agencies throughout the year.
For our mentoring programme outside school, we accept children and young people who are 12 - 21 years old. They must be interested in being mentored. They must either live, be educated or work in BathNES.
We support young people who are facing multiple challenges. Full referral criteria are listed in the referral form (link below).
Download our referral form here. Please complete in Word and submit by email or post.
We also mentor children aged 8-11 within schools. If you represent a primary school interested in investing in Mentoring Plus' services, please call us on 01225 429694.
Once a referral has been accepted for matching, we provide the following for up to a year:
- A named link worker assigned from our team
- Introductory meeting within 10 working days of accepting a referral for matching
- Personal Plan developed with the young person within 20 working days
- Personal Mentor agreed within 6 weeks of accepting a referral
- E-mentoring for connecting digitally with mentors and staff
- Taster and group activities to develop confidence, have new experiences and access new opportunities across Bath and North East Somerset
- Community project to contribute and make a difference locally
- Exit planning with links to services and transitional support on leaving our service
In addition, 16 to 21 year olds are offered:
- Vocational skills group regular sessions exploring life, work, training & learning
- Peer Mentoring – the chance to be trained and supported to mentor others
How are young people listened to?
Young people will be involved in what happens to them right from the start as they develop a Personal Plan with their link worker. This will include:
- three-monthly reviews with staff and mentor and an exit plan
- regular Team Around the Child (TAC) meetings and Early Helps Offers (such as CAFs) as appropriate
- effective links with family, school and relevant services
- a monthly budget to spend on activities with their mentor
- a regular Young Links group for participants to give us feedback, develop activities and find out about other helpful services
- being part of our annual Celebration event.